Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Resources for Choosing a College Major
Cappex - College Majors and Degrees
Search for schools in eight college major categories. Understanding which majors fit your interests, skills, and strengths can help narrow down your college decision, since many schools specialize in certain majors and a school's strong reputation in a particular field can help launch your career after graduation. Take the Careers & Majors Quiz to find out your personality breakdown and the best major and career matches for you.
Provides information on degrees, career options, accredited universities, and programs they provide as well as financial aid. The site also provides information about universities by state, degree programs offered, and accreditation, along with ratings of colleges provided by their own graduates.
More about University Headquarters:
- Guidance on key starting points, such as pursuing questions about your individual interests to help narrow down a degree path
- Lists of different potential careers and specific jobs based upon each degree and their typical salaries within each state
- Explanations of how long a degree program will realistically take, what requirements are needed in order to be accepted in that degree field, and information on accreditation of colleges and universities
- Can be used as a checklist to enter into a degree program suited for a given field
- Give details on required testing and submission of proof of compliance with state licensing laws
- List typical salaries and job titles in a given career path
- Explain what a typical day and responsibilities are for that job would be like, as well as advancement opportunities
Financial Aid Information:
- Can help students quickly find the types of scholarships they need
- Divided into categories of types of scholarship, such as general scholarships or degree-specific scholarships, as well as scholarships for specific groups, such as women, minorities, those in the military, or people who have disabilities.
Discover Business Degrees
Discover Business is a comprehensive guide designed to help you learn about different business degree and career options, with information about campus-based business degrees as well as online or distance programs. Discover Business features over 500 business school profiles that include details on school programs, admissions, tuition, and more. Only accredited business degrees and not-for-profit schools are included on the site.
Learn How to Become
LearnHowToBecome.org provides information to help students and professionals understand the requirements and opportunities in various careers, from picking the right school and college major to suggestions for how to advance in their chosen profession. Profession categories covered include Arts and Humanities, Business, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Medical Degrees and Health careers, Nursing, Physical Health careers, Public Service and Military, and Science and Technology.
LearnHowToBecome.org - Computer Science Degrees and Careers
Information on: career pathways in computer science (software engineer, web developer, computer programmer, database administrator, hardware engineer, network architect, and systems analyst); computer career salaries; components of a successful career in computers - skills, tools, and technology; computer career job growth, prospects, and outlook; and related occupations and salaries.
LearnHowToBecome.org - Engineering Degrees and Careers
Information on: engineering degrees and career paths (civil engineer, electrical engineer, environmental engineer, nuclear engineer, materials engineer: industrial engineer, computer hardware engineer); components of a successful career in engineering - skills, tools, and technology; related occupations and salaries.
LearnHowToBecome.org - Liberal Arts Degrees and Arts and Humanities Careers
Information on: career pathways in the arts and humanities, (journalism, communications, history, film, music, and fashion design); components of a successful arts and humanities career - skills, tools, and technology; arts and humanities job growth, prospects, and outlook; and related occupations and salaries.
LearnHowToBecome.org - Medical Degrees and Health Careers
Information on: medical degrees and health careers (in medicine, dentistry, podiatry, optometry, chiropractic medicine, pharmacology, and public health); components of a successful medical and health career- skills, tools, and technology; medical and health career salaries; related occupations and salaries.
LearnHowToBecome.org - Science and Technology Degrees and Careers
Information on: career pathways in science and technology (biotechnology, biological science, aviation, information technology, natural science, veterinary science; components of a successful career in science and technology - skills, tools, and technology; science and technology career salaries; science and technology career job growth, prospects, and outlook; and related occupations and salaries.